Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Terrific Twos

So, it's a little late, but Happy Birthday to my big boy! I can't believe Sawyer is two already! We've talked to a lot of people recently about adoption and when we do we always tell the story of going to pick him up, which I still remember as though it were yesterday! I can still see that sweet little baby who was SO tiny and precious. He is equally as precious, and still fairly tiny : ), but he's changed so much since then! My hope and prayer for this year is that we will continue to try and raise our boys to know and understand that they have a Heavenly Father who loves them more than we ever could. I want to look back and say that this year was the "Terrific Twos" versus the terrible twos that so many people discuss. Well, for my own memories and for those of you that want to know, here's what Sawyer is doing now.
Just for my peace of mind, a few weeks ago, I made a list of all the words Sawyer could say. I won't list them all, because it was over 200, but it made me feel so much better. Sawyer has been a little slower to develop his verbal skills, probably due to all of his ear infections, but has really blossomed lately. A lot of it is only understood by those of us around him on a regular basis, but it's so cute. A few of my favorites are: "wait, wait!!" (This is usually said while running after me when I'm moving from room to room : ), when he will say something that he wants, like "watch choo choo?" and then answer himself "yes", "hunney" this can be either Hundley (the dog from Curious George) or honey when he's talking to me (usually when he spills something, I have a tendency to say "Oh honey!" and he has picked it up and started saying it back to me : )
While Sawyer's verbal development has been a little slower, his gross motor skills are more advanced. He loves to ride his tricycle, shoot baskets (see below), and hit golf balls.
The newest things that we've started doing are painting and playing with playdough. I didn't think he would enjoy it for very long, since he's so active, but that boy can sit for an hour and play with playdough! It's amazing to me, considering the fact that he NEVER sits still, but he loves it! Well, that's about it for now, so on to his birthday!

We decided to go to Monkey Joes the day after Sawyer's birthday and it was a huge hit. The boy has no fear and will run from one thing to the other not minding the huge children that are playing beside him. : )
This was about as close as Jack got to bouncing, but he was just fine with that!

He spent most of his time with Granna which suited both of them just fine!


sliding with Daddy!

He didn't stay in the toddler section very long : )

Enjoying outside toys even in the cold!

The boys love Uncle Josh. I get asked atleast twice a day where Uncle Josh is! : )

Since Sawyer's birthday is so close to Christmas and because he doesn't really know the difference, we decided to do a family birthday. Sawyer's favorite thing to eat is pancakes, so what better way to celebrate! I thnk he ate 5 that morning. : ) He also sang Happy Birthday for the next few days, or as Sawyer would say "Happy to you!"

Loving his basketball goal!


Grandaddy and his boys. If you look hard you can see a pencil behind Grandaddy's ear and crayon behind Sawyer's. : )

Grandaddy turned 50 this year, so we had dinner at home to celebrate. Sawyer was sick, so Jack and I went while Daddy stayed at home with Saw. Jack was more than happy to take in all of the attention!

Happy Birthday, Grandaddy!! We love you!

No comments: