Thursday, May 26, 2011

Terrific Twos . . . again!

I can't believe I have another baby who's turned two!  I still remember the day he came into the world like it was yesterday, and even though I know it wasn't, I sometimes feel that it was.  I love all of my children, and they each hold a special "only" and "first" spot.  Sawyer was our first baby and our first adoption. That makes him pretty special!  Libby is my first (and for now the only) girl.  I love having a sweet little girl to dress up, and know that I'll have someone else to do girly stuff with one day.  That definitely makes her special! 
And then there's Jack.  I thought for years that I would never give birth to my babies, and I was ok with that!  The Lord had different plans however, and boy am I glad he did!  I can't imagine our lives without Jackers and Libby Lou in the mix!  Jack was my first belly baby and to top it off, born on my birthday!  I'd say that makes him pretty special too!

So without further ado, here's a little about Jackeroo!
  
You're very intent to little details when your working hard on something you find important.  Whether it's hitting a ball, building a tower or coloring.  You won't be distracted by things around you when you're hard at work.  A lot like a certain Daddy I know!
You're a wee bit messy when it comes to food, but we love you anyway, and at least for now I can always tell what you've been into with a sweet little kiss. : )
You're not the fastest about doing things (some might say you get that from your Momma), but boy do you enjoy things as you go!
You love food and can out eat your brother any day of the week!  This helps to make you my chub-a-love.   I must say, I'm a little nervous for you to hit the teen years!
Even though you like to play by yourself sometimes, you LOVE to do whatever brother's doing.  While you may be cautious about trying many things, if you see brother do it, you'll probably give it a try. 
You make the funniest faces, my silly boy, especially when you're looking at your brother. ; )
You're all boy!  You love a good puddle to jump in, trying to touch lizards and dumping dirt on your head.  I think I could bathe you 3 times a day!
You love music and currently sing the last word in each line of a song, which cracks your Daddy and me up!  We love to hear you sing and I hope you always love it too!

You're my snugly boy, who is content to sit and read books for as long as my voice will last.  You're quiet in new places, but once you warm up, you can talk any one's ear off!  Right now you look like your Daddy and act like your Momma, but we'll see as you continue to grow.  : )  One thing I know for sure . . .
You were made for us, my sweet little boy! 

I love you and pray that you will grow into, just like we pray every night, "a young man who will grow up to love Jesus and never stop loving Him". 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Sooooo sweet!!!!

Unknown said...

OK SERIOUSLY!! I shouldnt have read this at work because it made me tear up!! I hope you and Jack have had a wonderful birthday!!
Love you all!!

Anonymous said...

I agree totally with your statement about looking like Daddy but with Mommy's disposition. I hope you both have a happy birthday weekend. Love, Jane Headley