Monday, August 25, 2008

And away he goes . . .

That's right, crawling has started! It began with a lunge of sorts where Sawyer would rock, throw himself forward, and then get up and do it all over again. Now, he has graduated to full fledged crawling. There's still a small amount of lunging, but the majority is real crawling. It's so fun to have him crawl over and grab my leg, or come to me when I'm sitting on the floor, but it makes me a little sad to see my baby grow up. I also realize that the days of leaving him in a room alone while I take a shower, or cook dinner, are over! : )
One of Sawyer's newest tricks is clapping. He's so proud of himself, especially if you cheer for him while he's doing it. Ian swears he's trying to play patti cake with himself, since that's one of his favorite games. It's very cute to watch him sit on the floor and clap his hands over and over.
My sweet baby boy will be 8 months at the end of this week. My how time flies! There are days when I feel like we've never been without Sawyer, and then there are days when I feel like we just got him. I swear he is one of the sweetest children God ever put on this earth and I feel so blessed to be his mom. Ok, I'll stop being mushy now, and I'll post some pictures soon.

No comments: