Thursday, July 7, 2011

Moments like these

Recently we've had a few frustrating days in our house.  As parents, you're going to have them, probably every day!  I've struggled the past few days with how I'm handling things and just wanting to find a way to "fix" it all.

But then, I layed in bed with you tonight and you asked me to "tell me a story about when you were little" and we layed nearly nose to nose while you hung on every word.  You smiled so big I thought it might get stuck, and asked for another as soon as I was done.

And, you sweet girl, snuggled with me and I kissed your cheeks again and again.  I mean, how could you not want to kiss THOSE cheeks??

And in the car, I listened as you and brother sang, Matthew 19:14 from the Hide 'em in Your Heart CD.  Your sweet little voice could be heard above the chatter of everyone else.


and that's when I realized it's moments like these that I love being your mom.  I needed that little encouragement and a reminder that you are each on loan, my gifts from the Lord.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments: