Sunday, January 1, 2012

Birthday Boy

Happy Birthday, my sweet big boy!  I can't believe you're FOUR years old!  This year I've seen you grow and develop by leaps and bounds.  You are still the most energetic little boy I know!  You are kind, sweet, all boy, inquisitive, smart and most of all still an enthusiastic extrovert!  You love anything that has to do with people and always want to go, go, go (sometimes a good stretch for this introvert momma : ).  You love preschool and all of your new friends.  I hope this trend continues and that you continue to love school as you get older.
       

You are starting to understand when things are funny and trying to make jokes, which cracks your Mommy and Daddy up, especially when you start laughing and can't stop! You are so fun to be around that even the older kids at the playground look forward to you coming to play.


You still LOVE anything outside.  You're learning to ride a bike, how to pump your legs on the swing and how to do chores, like folding laundry.  They all seem like very big boy things to your mommy and some days I'm not sure I'm ready for all that. : )

You love to entertain anyone who's looking, but especially your brother and sister, who pretty much think you hung the moon.  They would follow you just about anywhere, I feel certain.

Knowing all of that and seeing your desire to know more about the Lord, my prayer for you this year is that the Lord would continue to give you a hunger to know about Him.  I also pray that He would use that new found knowledge to tug and pull your little heart to Him, giving you an understanding of your sin and the only one who can save you.  You are a special little boy and I pray that the Lord would use your enthusiasm and love of people as a tool to draw others to Himself one day.


Life would be so boring without you in it my little buddy!  Mommy and Daddy love you William Sawyer and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank the Lord for you!   
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rene' said...

Laurin that was precious just like Sawyer is to all of us. Seems like yesterday you and Ian were bringing him home. I don't think I've ever seen anyone smile as big as Ian over their new son. Time surely does fly by. I hope we will get to see y'all more in 2012. I want those sweet children to know their great aunt and uncle and I want to know them better. Love you all.