Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Gotcha Day!

On this cold morning, I'm sitting in front of the fire with cofee in hand, listening to the clanging and banging of boys playing trains and the happy squeals of a little girl watching (fear not, it's not always this peaceful in my house!  At some point I'm sure to hear screaming and yelling about how that train is "mine" and to "give it back" but for now, it's calm : ).  However, on this particular morning, I'm remembering days when I longed for these sounds, days of feeling that I would never hear them in my house and a day when I finally came to a place where I could honestly say that if it never happened, my Lord would still be ALL I needed.  And then I remember that this was the day the Lord saw fit, for His glory, to answer that prayer and bless us with this tiny little baby.  I can still remember the events of the day and everything I did trying to get my mind off of the drive we would have to make to pick up our sweet baby boy.  I vividly remember walking up those stairs, into the room and seeing the back of that beautiful head for the first time.  As long as I live, I will never forget the first time he was placed in my arms and the extreme emotions that I felt, or the look on my husband's face the first time he held him in his arms.  Those are all memories that will stay wtih me as long as I live.  While they are all precious to me, the thing I never want to forget is the work the Lord did in my life through that process and everyday since becoming a mom.  The road was not an easy one, and still isn't for that matter, but the truths of who God is that were forever printed on my heart and mind were worth every minute; I wouldn't change a thing.  So this morning as I remember, I pray for those of you who wait and are unsure about what the future holds.  My hope for you is that you wouln't sit in a holding pattern waiting for something to happen, but that you would "fix your eyes on Jesus, the Author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."  Hebrews 12:1-3 

4 comments:

Danielle said...

yay! Happy day to Sawyer!

Kelly Neal said...

This post makes me so happy and so thankful that Sawyer is part of your family and part of all our lives! We love him!!

Maria said...

This post brought tears of joy to my eyes! So grateful for our Lord and His mighty hand at work in your beautiful family! Happy gotcha day!

JKJ said...

Such a sweet post! I remember exactly what I was doing when I got YOUR phone call that day, too! What a happy day! We are so thankful for that spunky little boy and for your heart that is so responsive to the Lord's leading!