Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Soccer!

I never thought I'd be a soccer mom, but after just finishing his first 8 week season, I have a feeling I might be for a little while. : )  I felt pretty confident that Sawyer would like soccer.  I mean, he gets to run outside, kick a ball and people cheer when you score a goal.  What's not to love??  What I wasn't expecting was for him to be on a team with all girls!  Ha!  It didn't bother him at all, and it turned out to be just fine.  Until the end the games usually went something like this:  the coach would let one of the girls kick the ball while holding Sawyer back, and then once let loose, he would run like a tornado to get the ball.  For a while he would just run past everyone kicking the ball, in any and every direction,  until someone stopped him!  : )  In the end, he finally started learning to go towards the goal . . . the correct goal!  All in all, he had fun, learned to run without pushing and to go in the right direction.  In my book that's a successful season!


Here are two of the cute members of the cheering section.  The first game was the coldest day I think we had all winter!





Note the fact that he cares a lot more than the little girls do at this point. : )





 Some of his cute team members!





Note where Sawyer is in reference to the rest of his team. : )



One of the best parts, besides snack, was that all the parents would make a tunnel with their arms for the kids to run through.  They thought it was so great!



1 comment:

Chrl said...

So cute! I can imagine he gave the coach a hard time with holding him back. He nearly took my arm off when I tried to slow him down.