Thursday, August 19, 2010

Anniversary a little late

So last year was our five year anniversary, and I think the year that most people probably try to do something extra special.  Well, since we had a one month old, we went to dinner and stayed out for about 2 hours and that summed up our anniversary! : )  This year we decided we would go somewhere.  However, I had the feeling that I would probably still be in the "yuck" stage or pregnancy so we decided to wait until the weekend after the 4th to head outl.  The boys stayed at my parents house, which they were all more than ok with. : )  Of course Sawyer (the late sleeper) got up at the crack of dawn both mornings, while Jack (the early bird) slept late both mornings.  Go figure! 
Well, while the boys had fun at Granna and Grandaddy's house, we headed off to Charleston.  Being the avid photographer that I am (can you hear the sarcasm in my voice yet??) I took not one single picture!  Yay me!!  Thankfully, we had such a great time that I don't need pictures to remember!  We stayed at the Plantation Oaks Inn in Mt. Pleasant.  I was a little skeptical, because there were only 6 bedrooms and I was afraid it might be a little strange, but it was wonderful!  We were right down the road from Pawley's Island and they have chairs and a pass you can use to go to the beach, so you don't have to pay to park!  The best part by far, was the breakfast.  A couple owns the place, and the husband is an amazing cook!!  In fact, I think amazing food may have been one of the highlights of the trip.  We went to Ile Cortile Del Re for dinner one night.  It was a hole in the wall, but I think it was some of the best food I've ever eaten!!  I didn't know spinach could taste that good!  Awesome fish and pasta!  Just wonderful!!  Other than eating, we spent most of our time sitting on the beach or reading books.  All in all, it was exactly what we needed and an awesome time together!  I love you, hubs and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for the rest of our years together!!

No comments: