Friday, August 20, 2010

Funny Faces

We have an awesome group of friends that we love to hang out with, but who also help to keep my freezer full of meals.  No, they do not cook for me out of the goodness of their hearts, but rather help by being a part of a meal swap.  We have dubbed it "Meals in Heels" just for fun. : )  There are 10-12 of us that try to swap freezer meals every 6-8 weeks and it is the biggest help, especially on those days when you feel like you're barely keeping your head above water and can't even think about what to make for dinner (if you want more details just ask and I'll explain the rest!).  Well, several times we have gotten things that aren't exactly the type of food that I would usually cook.  It's almost always good, but as you might imagine the 2 1/2 year old that lives in my house doesn't always know what to think.  Last night was definitely one of those times.  One of my friends had made a veggie lasagna, which tasted great, but Sawyer was less than impressed with it's looks.  I cut up the lasagna just like I normally would and put it on the boys' plates. Jack, as usual, dug right in and ate without complaint. Sawyer on the other hand, got in his chair, looked at it, wrinkled his nose, and said "I don't like that" in a very hilarious tone of voice. I tried not to laugh and told him it was lasagna with cheese, and that he had to take at least three big bites before he could get down from the table. It took him quite a while to make the decision to try it, but after the first bite he said, "Umm . . . tasty!"  Just goes to show that it really is better when Mommy and Daddy are in charge! : )  I didn't force it down his throat, but gave him the choice as to when he would eat it, even if it took all night, and in the end he liked it! 

No comments: