Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Celebrating Us

On Sunday Ian and I celebrated 7 years of marriage. Since a lot of things aren't open or close early on Sundays, we went out on Friday to celebrate. We had a nice relaxing dinner, got coffee and had hours of uninterrupted conversation, which was just we wanted and needed. Every year Ian has tried to be creative and get me something to do with the symbolic gift for that year. Did you know that year 7 was wool and copper?? He searched and found the cutest little copper tin and a pair of wool socks. : ) Super sweet if you know my icy cold toes and love for storage bins. Ok, some people may roll their eyes at the thought of those things actually being a good gift for your anniversary, but after having been together for 12 years he knows what I like and what he's good at buying. : )
Well, in honor of these 7 years here are, in no particular order, 7 things I love about my hubby!
1- I love that I always get a kiss before he leaves (even if it's 4 am) and a kiss when he gets home! It's a simple thing, but it says, "I still love you and you're special to me!".
2- I love how he loves our babies and how much they love him! It's like a party when Daddy comes home. He plays all sorts of games and funny things, but one of my favorites as of late is story time in the bathtub. He gives the boys their bath and after they get clean he uses their bath toys to tell stories. They usually involve a hippo and an elephant. : )
3- I love the way I can look back over the last 7, really the last 12 years, and see how the Lord has worked in his heart and life to cause growth. Recently, I've seen a man who never thought he was called to do anything overseas, being pulled and tugged towards an unlikely country and trying to figure out what his role should be in seeing the gospel spread to all nations. Awesomeness that only the Lord can do!
4- I love that we're a little old couple together. : ) A friend of mine says periodically that I'm "a little old lady in my heart". Well, it's pretty true of me and of Ian too and I wouldn't change a thing. (Ok, he's a little old man, not a lady, but you get the point, right?)
5- I love that he is so intelligent. He's always handy to have around during trivia games. : ) Ian would never boast about it though, which makes it all the more endearing.
6- I love that our interests are so different. The Lord has definitely used our differences to balance us as a couple and stretch us personally.
7- I love that he loves to laugh, even at himself from time to time (like when his wife convinces him that someone stole our van. : )
There are plenty of other things that I love about my hubby, but for now I'll leave it at that. Happy anniversary, Hubs and I can't wait for many more to come!!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

That friend you talk about in number 4 is a super genius!

Anonymous said...

Isn't she, though?! ; )