Friday, October 7, 2011

31 Days in the Kitchen - Day 6

Sorry for the delayed post!  We had some technical difficulties, but I think they're worked out . . . at least I hope so. : )

Since I'm trying to play catch up here, I'm going to give you a link to today's recipe and then my thoughts on it.  I think spaghetti is one of those things that every mom cooks at some point during the month, some possibly once a week.  : )  Growing up, I really didn't care for spaghetti.  I would eat it because we were taught to eat what was on our plate, but I never asked for it.  Then I got married, and my husband asked for it often.  I think he could eat it twice a week and be perfectly content.  Since that was the case I started experimenting and trying to come up with different ways to eat it, so I wasn't forced to eat something I really didn't like.  Well, I happened upon this recipe and I could definitely eat it at least every other week. : )

Cowboy Spaghetti

First of all, I would definitely try it with the beer at least once.  I can't stand to drink beer, but I love to cook with it.  It adds such a unique flavor, so give it a try.  Second, I would have an extra can of sauce around just in case.  I like my spaghetti with a little more sauce, so I always add a little more.  Third and last, you can definitely change up the meat and try it with ground chicken or ground turkey.  It will have a slightly different flavor, but still great.  This is one of those recipes that's so great, you don't really need to change much about it, so go give it a try! 

Later today, let's look at another use for that roasted chicken and try my absolute favorite chicken salad!  Great for a wonderful fall weekend!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

o my gosh i think darren would LOVE this! i cant wait to try it (: